Efficient, compact and reliable DC-UPS and buffer modules from PULS ensure highest system availability. Our uninterruptible power supplies are available with capacitor storage or VRLA batteries.
The DC-UPS with integrated electrochemical double layer capacitors are fully maintenance free and guarantee an uninterrupted power supply for periods measured in seconds.
Buffer modules with electrolytic capacitors work similarly to a DC-UPS and can bridge power failures in the 24V or 48V net for periods measured in milliseconds.
In buffer mode, the output voltage is regulated and the change from normal to buffer mode occurs without interruptions. All modules are protected against overload and short-circuit and have a wide operating temperature range.
A regular maintenance or replacement of the capacitors is not necessary.
For the installation of a DC-UPS system three essential elements are necessary: a power supply, a DC-UPS and a battery. The DC-UPS is responsible for monitoring and charging the battery, as well as controlling the seamless transition between normal and buffer mode.
The advantages of the PULS DC-UPS are:
- Highest system availability even in the event of mains failure
- 1-Battery-Concept: each battery is individually charged and monitored, which avoids the need for matched batteries
- Easy and self-explanatory plug and play
- Optimised battery management system for longest battery life
- 22.5-26V adjustable output voltage in buffer mode for the UB20
- Adjustable maximum buffer time to protect the battery
Battery modules use maintenance-free VRLA batteries (valve regulated lead-acid) and are charged at PULS before delivery.
Battery modules can be ordered with (UZK) or without a battery (UZO). All battery modules from PULS support the 1-Battery-Concept.
The 24V battery modules are equipped with a center-tap, which protect against over-current, and with an integrated temperature sensor.